
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
On one hand, the book was interesting in its own way. There were some creditworthy characters, such as Izil and Zuzana. The setting was also wonderfully written, as it is almost always fittingly described in such a way that one can easily imagine the world of Daughter of Smoke and Bone.
On the other hand, though, I just couldn't get where the story is trying to take me. It felt like taking one step forward and then two steps back. Plus, I just cannot forget the patience it took me in reading the first chapters. I almost gave up on it. And I didn't even find the reason for such scenes.
The Daughters of Smoke and Bone has its appeal, but I find that it is very much overrated.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment