Saturday, August 18, 2012

Review: Everneath


Everneath
Everneath by Brodi Ashton

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



In the beginning, I had trouble reading it. I got frustrated with all the time-jumps and I didn't really get the purpose of the countdown when at that time, they didn't even know when the "event" would happen and what would happen anyway. It's true that the narrator may remember the approximate dates at the time it was being retold, but it was terribly baffling to a reader, who couldn't really relate to the countdown (at least in the first few chapters).

It's one of those stories, though, which redeems itself gradually. By the time the foundations of the story were set in place and the pace of the story finally started to move, I was able to immerse myself into Nik's journey.

There were a few other areas in which I can rant (negatively) about, but despite these, Everneath was an interesting read.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment