
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
I just love the balance in this book. The other books on cancer and death are generally depressing, but John Green managed to keep the atmosphere as light as it can be. The characters had their moments but they were so mature and they were able to even laugh at their misfortunes. Sometimes I even wondered if they are unreal. But then I remembered [b:The Diary of a Young Girl|48855|The Diary of a Young Girl|Anne Frank|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1327735300s/48855.jpg|3532896] and I realized that, hey, just because they're young, doesn't mean that they can't be that mature. It's all in the experience.
The Fault in Our Stars is definitely worth the time, although one may have issues on
I know, I can't believe it, either! How dare John Grey copy the ending of the book his character criticized! (Well, it's not really to that extent, but still!) I have mixed feelings about the ending, since I wanted to know what happened to Hazel. On the other hand, though, I believed that the ending was sufficient. There was nothing more to be said, as the story ended with the closure on Gus' death. Otherwise, the book might just drag on and on.
View all my reviews
No comments:
Post a Comment